a quick update

Hello, there. This post is crazy and jumbled, so please forgive me. I'm doing the best I can these days. Here's what's been happening in my life lately...

Red cups from Starbucks. So far, I've had a lot of regular black coffee and a few peppermint mochas (my poison of choice). I love red cup time at Starbucks. Nothing says "The holidays are here," like a red cup.

This baby girl is growing like a weed! I can't wait to see her over Thanksgiving break. I'm going to kiss those cheeks until she is sore. She went to the Auburn Homecoming parade over the weekend. My cousin Meg said that she loved it until the band came marching by. She apparently is not a fan of the trumpet. How cute is she in that little brown coat and white gloves?! I could eat her up. Love this baby girl.

Mat's birthday was Saturday. Poor thing-- we had to move on his 25th birthday (more about the move later on in this post). But, he was a total champ about it. He never complained one time. I love him more than words can express. Friday night, we went to Cracker Barrel for a really, really late dinner, and we had a ball-- just the two of us. I love living life with Mat Alexander.

On Saturday, we packed and two guys from our church and one kind neighbor helped us load the truck. We actually got everything packed fairly quickly. We went to the new house, unloaded everything, and then Mat and I came back to Louisville. We grabbed lunch, and Mat got a special birthday cupcake from GiGi's. He was pumped.

This is our empty apartment. I can't believe it's been almost one year and 3 months since we moved into our apartment on the campus of Southern Seminary. It's crazy how time flies. The days drag, but the years fly by.

While we were moving, I found this precious picture of my mum. How cute is she? My grandparents, Mum, and my uncle Jim used to live in Alaska-- in fact, my uncle was born there. Apparently, Mum had a little eskimo suit while they were there. I cherish this picture.

And...then we had to get Sham and Little One to Shepherdsville. This ride, fortunately, was not as bad as the ride to Kentucky from Mobile, but it was bad enough. Sham hates, hates, hates riding in the car. Hates it. Check out his claws in that picture above. Oh, he hates it. He spent the first night at the new house under the loveseat. He WOULD NOT-- for anything-- come out.

There are boxes everywhere, no food in our refrigerator, no blinds, and only one suitable bathroom as of today. But, we are moved in. And by george, we are loving country life. Except for when it's 9:00 p.m., and we have nothing to eat and nowhere to go. And except for when it takes me 45+ minutes to get to work. But we really do love it. And we have so much space-- it's amazing. Crazy. We love it.

And Little One is totally comfortable living at the new house. He's constantly exploring everything. Such a champ of a cat.

And speaking of nowhere to eat at 9:00 p.m...Mat and I ate at Big Boy last night. Hilarious. Again, I love spending time with this man. I praise God for him, and his ability to make me laugh constantly. Praise God for laughter.

And I leave you with this picture of EPG-- Meg said she was taking a bath, and she put suds all over her face and said, "Snowman!" And started cracking up. She thought it was so funny. I love my Ellie. I love her so much.

So, that's what we've been up to. Life is crazy, wonderful, and busy all at the same time. Mat and I are anxiously counting down the days until the semester is over. We covet Christmas break pretty much year-round. We look forward to what the holidays hold. But, for now, we are so happy to be in our new little house. If you're ever in the area, stop by! I'd be more than happy to let you help me unpack a box or two...or twelve.

What did you do this weekend?


  1. Okay, Mat you TOTALLY look like Big Boy!! So much room in your kitchen Whit! What are you going to do?

  2. Whitney... this reminds me of a time when we moved to a bigger place when we lived in Georgia. I was so excited to get my home in order that I was up and unpacking at 3am in the morning. Phil awoke and said...what are you doing? I was too excited to sleep. Enjoy these times!