last wednesday

Forgive me for the lack of blog posts lately. I've been either busy, out of town, or sick, and besides all that, I can't think of much to blog about these days.

In an last-ditch effort to save my blog, I took my iPhone last Wednesday and made photos of my whole day. This was not an everyday, routine, same-old-same-old day for me-- I had a doctor's appointment and we drove to Alabama, so things were a little abnormal, but you'll get the gist.  If you're bored by this kind of thing, feel free to ignore this post. My feelings won't be hurt in the least! Enjoy...

7:34 a.m.- I got to sleep in a little this day. I had a doctor's appointment at 9:30 a.m., so there was no use in going to the office for just an hour. The sun had been up for almost 1 full hour at this point in the day. First things first, I get out of bed, and jump in the shower. No breakfast for this nauseated momma.

alarm clock

My products for morning use: caffeine free Diet Dr. Pepper, Gutz, Quick Slip, and Natural Glow moisturizer (because tanning beds are of the devil).

the lineup

This little guy is always around when momma's getting ready. He frequently sits on the counter except for when the hair dryer is going. Sweet thing.

little one

After shower and hair, it's make-up time. I'm a loyal Bobbi Brown fan, as you can tell. I keep it simple. (From L to R: cheap mascara (I go through a ton of mascara-- can't afford the "good" stuff, and the drugstore kinds work just as well), BB eye liner in blackest black, BB corrector and BB concealer (little pots of miracles), BB bronzer and blush duo, BB skin foundation, BB powder brush, BB blush brush, BB eye shadow brushes, drugstore eyelash brush, and BB eyeshadow palette.)

the other lineup

I top myself off with this stuff-- Fresh's Citron de Vigne.


8:10 a.m.- Dressed (in a comfy dress for the long drive later on in the night) and almost ready to go. (I'm in a weird stage of pregnancy now-- all my clothes pretty much fit, but they are just uncomfortable. I wear a dress 95% of the time. I'm glad it's summertime!) Also, I don't know why our bedroom paint color looks yellow. It's actually a khaki-gold, but more khaki than gold. I just couldn't have you think we have a yellow bedroom, though.


8:12 a.m.- Watered the mint plant in the window sill just before leaving.


8:14 a.m.- Cats fed and petted, and Mat and I are out the door. 


8:16 a.m.- The drive through the country on the way to Louisville.

8:45 a.m.- Breakfast at Panera Bread. Water and a cinnamon roll for me. Coffee and breakfast sandwich for Mat.

9:15 a.m.- Pulled up to the doctor's office for my 9:30 a.m. appointment. I absolutely love my doctor!


9:35 a.m.- Already weighed, measured, and had my blood pressure checked. In the room waiting on my sonogram to start.


9:37 a.m.- Sonogram begins!

sonogram machine

10:01 a.m.- Pictures of Baby A. Long legs, and a strong heartbeat of 151. Peanut wouldn't turn around, but we got some cute pics of his/her backside!

peanut 1

peanut 2

10:45 a.m.- Stopped at Target for a few essentials, where I also picked up Lilly animal crackers and a dress to wear to my sister-in-law's high school graduation the next night.

target finds

11:30 a.m.- Lunch at Yang Kee Noodle-- my absolute fave.


12:15 p.m.- Went into work to catch up on emails and get ready for an afternoon of meetings.


12:45 p.m.- Made coffee for the Admissions' counselors. What would they do without me?!?


1:58 p.m.- Went to a meeting at the Heritage House. We just finished up one graduation, but we are already planning December 2011 graduation for Southern Seminary.

meeting notes

4:45 p.m.- Left work a little late. Meetings ran over, and it was my last day in the office until the day after Memorial Day.

5:26 p.m.- Back in Knob Creek. Mat goes to the church to turn on the air for Wednesday night services.

church doors

6:43 p.m.- I sit on the couch and usually watch Seinfeld, but this night there was bad weather heading east, so I was glued to the Weather Channel to make sure it was safe for us to leave home after church.

weather watching

7:37 p.m.- Mat didn't preach because of the threat of bad weather, so we left Kentucky a little earlier than expected. We were on the road to Alabama!

driving home

8:45 p.m.- Stop for dinner along the way. I'm not telling you where we ate. It's embarrassing.

*There are no more pictures after this. Half the time I was asleep and the other half of the time I was trying to keep myself from getting sick. I slept on and off until we reached Ardmore, AL/TN (yes, it's in both states).

1:30 a.m.- HOME in Boaz finally. Hugs and kisses to Valerie and Chris (Mat's parents). Teeth brushed and in the bed.

So, there was a not-so-typical day in the Alexander household, but you get the point. Hope I didn't bore you to tears!

No comments:

Post a Comment